The most important information in brief
- Programme start: In the winter and the summer semester
- Application deadline: 15 September for the winter semester, 15 March for the summer semester
- Admission to the study programme is not restricted.
- You can already apply in the last year of your bachelor’s programme.
To view this content (source: www.xyz.de ), please click on Accept. We would like to point out that by accepting this iframe, data could be transmitted to third parties or cookies may be stored.
Completion of a three-year bachelor’s programme with a grade of at least 3.0 (German grading system) in mathematical finance, business mathematics or economics and mathematics or natural sciences. You may also apply even if you do not yet have received your certificate.
Mathematical skills (i.e. Analysis, Linear Algebra, Stochastics or Numerics) on the scale of at least 32 ECTS credits at the moment of enrolment.
Economics skills (i.e. Statistics, Econometrics or Economy Studies) on the scale of at least 26 ECTS credits at the moment of enrolment.
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English or Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English: at least Grade C
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): at least Band 6
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): at least 80 points (internet-based), 213 points (computer-based) or 550 points (paper-based)
- Alternatively: proof of a semester of study where English was the language of instruction
Graduates of the Bachelor’s Programme in Mathematical Finance do not have to produce evidence of an English test as they have participated in enough lectures in English.
If you have obtained your bachelor’s degree in a country which has not signed the Lisbon Convention: the result of your GRE test (Graduate Record Examinations).
For applicants without a German higher education entrance qualification (“Abitur”): Proof of German language proficiency by means of one of the following language tests (or an equivalent:
- German Language University Entrance Examination (DSH): at least Level 1
- Test of German as a Foreign Language (TestDAF): at last Level 3 in all 4 areas
For the TOEFL, our Institutional Code is 8971 and our Department Code is 84. For the GRE Test, our Institutional Code is 8971 and our Department Code is 1801.
Which application documents are needed can vary. At the end of your online application you will see a list of the supporting documents required.
In any case you will need:
- A full CV
- A certified copy of your official transcript in German or English
- A certified copy of your degree certificate(s) in German or English
- Proof of your mathematics, economics, English and if applicable German skills as well as the result of the GRE Test where relevant
- An application letter in English (1 page) in which you present your aptitude and motivation
- A letter of recommendation in German or English (original or certified copy) from a lecturer which describes your aptitude for the master’s programme The letter must have a letterhead and a signature.
- Applicants from China, Mongolia India and Vietnam: Certificate (original) issued by the "Akademische Prüfstelle (APS)" at the German Embassy in your home country.