(Read more testimonials)
What are the aims of the programme?
The Master's programme in Economics addresses the application of economic theories and empirical methods to understand, model, and evaluate real-world economic questions. The programme follows two overarching goals:
- Providing you with a state-of-the-art postgraduate education in Economics at highest international standards
- Laying the groundwork for your successful career in the private or public sector
5 reasons to study Economics in Konstanz
- Made-to-measure: choose classes on a range from micro-economics over contract theory to political economy, take a study specialisation or our fast track to a PhD
- Excellence: the University of Konstanz is one of 12 German Universities of Excellence, and the Department of Economics is frequently ranked extraordinarily well
- Close supervision: small classes facilitate direct interaction with your teachers
- No tuition fees for EU/EEA Citizens (tuition fees for students from outside the EU/EEA countries, excellent students can be exempt)
- Study internationally: all classes are taught in English. Moreover, you can participate in one of our Double Degree options with our partner-universities in Essex, Nottingham or Rome Tor Vergata
A master's programme made to measure
To customize your Master's, you can choose one of three tracks:
- Thinking about getting a PhD? Then track A, our fast track to a PhD is for you. Admission to our Quantitative Economics and Finance PhD programme is possible already after your first year in Konstanz.
- Passionate for Econometrics , Financial or Public Economics, Macro- or Microeconomics or Public Economics? Track B allows you specialise in one of five subject areas.
- Want to create your own curriculum? Track C provides you with a general economic postgraduate education, enabling you to design your own programme.
- Econometrics and Applied Economics
- International Financial Economics
- Macroeconomics and International Economics
- Microeconomics and Decision Making
- Public Economics